Are you responsible?
New fire safety rules affecting all non-domestic premises in England and Wales came into force on 1 October 2006.
The legislation implements a risk based approach to fire safety in community, industrial and business premises. It requires the responsible person (usually the employer, owner or occupier) to carry out a fire safety risk assessment and implement appropriate fire precautionary and protection measures, and to maintain a fire management plan.
If you are responsible for business premises as:
• An employer
• Self-employed with business premises
• A charity or voluntary organisation
• A contractor with a degree of control over any premises
Then you will be affected by the new Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 which affects:-
• Offices and Shops
• Factories and Warehouses
• Sleeping Accommodation
• Residential Care Premises
• Educational Premises
• Small, Medium and Large places of assembly
• Theatres and Cinemas
• Outdoor events
• Healthcare Premises
• Transport Premises and Facilities